Thursday, July 26, 2007

Downloading audio books

I had heard that we could download audiobooks (e-books) sometime ago. The first site I visited was Overdrive Digital Media which gave a guided tour about the e-books. You need a valid library card to be able to do this. The next site I visited was Net Library which is the Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County. That site also gave a tour of how to download a book and explained what version would be best for a computer or a media player. They even showed how much time you had left for a particular book=days, hours and minutes. You can even renew a book if you need more time. Project Gutenburg was a free site. Most of the books I found were classics. I was able to download Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Then I had to search for it on my computer. I found it in my Adobe Reader program and logged in. Then I put it on my favorites list. I am not sure if I want to read a book on a computer especially after working at a computer all day. I do think this is a useful program to have especially for someone who is unable to physically come to the library.

No comments: